- Spend a semester abroad at 成人直播 France in beautiful Aix-en-Provence, a charming university city in the south of France.聽聽
- Enjoy life outside of class with a variety of activities, cultural events, and outings. Travel and experience other parts of France and the rest of Europe.
- Experience French culture聽through your daily life and through excursions in the region and around the country.
- Learn and/or improve your French聽language skills and study art in the birthplace of Impressionist artist Paul C茅zanne.
- Take courses to fulfill your core curriculum or major requirements聽with options including courses in languages, studio art, political science, business, history, and literature. France will become the classroom by combining lectures with excursions.
成人直播 France is located at聽The American College of the Mediterranean in beautiful Aix-en-Provence, a charming university city in the south of France.
You'll be perfectly situated to explore art, culture, food, and history. Indulge in French pastries and experience the world-class music and arts scene. You'll also have easy access to trains, buses and budget flights that will enable you to explore the region of Provence, the French Riviera, the Mediterranean, as well as the rest of France and the European continent.
Living in Aix-en-Provence
To further your language knowledge and cultural understanding, you'll live with a French host family. Host families will provide breakfast and dinner.
You'll begin your study abroad experience before even leaving home by participating in information sessions and a pre-departure orientation with the Global Education team. The orientation will enable you to connect with other students in the group, reflect on your goals and get important information about the program. In addition, peer advisers are available to answer questions.
You will enroll in semester courses taught at The American College of the Mediterranean, a school that specializes in hosting American students participating in semester abroad programs. The faculty typically combine lectures and excursions to transform France into the classroom.
The courses taught at 成人直播 France are particularly applicable for 成人直播 students majoring or minoring in global studies, political science, business or for students who are hoping to fulfill some of their core curriculum and electives requirements abroad.
- Airport reception
- Pre-departure and on-site orientation
- Accommodation with a local host family, including breakfast and dinner
- Support from ACM staff in-country and 成人直播 staff in Biddeford
- Cultural activities and excursions
- Travel medical insurance
- Student visa fees
Students are required to have a 2.5 minimum GPA. Previous French language experience is recommended but not required.聽 All majors are welcome.
Students spend 15 weeks in France. Fall semester students arrive in early September and return home in mid-December. Spring semester students arrive at the end of January and return mid-May.
Students keep all 成人直播 scholarships and financial aid and are billed the same tuition as for a traditional on-campus semester, plus standard 成人直播 study abroad room and board rate. Students are required to arrange their own flight to Marseille airport (MRS) or arrange to arrive by TGV train if flying to Paris or another gateway.
Students participating in a 成人直播 semester abroad program will be automatically awarded a $500 Global Education Scholarship. Students may also apply for the聽. This scholarship was established by聽Mrs. Eva M. Downs, whose late husband, Jacques M. Downs, was a much-loved history professor at 成人直播. The Downs family are champions of global education and 成人直播鈥檚 campus in Morocco. The scholarship was established to provide support for students who might not otherwise be able or inclined to participate in a semester abroad at the 成人直播 Tangier Campus or other 成人直播 semester-abroad programs.聽
- Deadline for Fall semester abroad programs: April 1
- Deadline for Spring semester abroad programs: November 1
Other outside scholarships may be available; visit the聽scholarship opportunities listing聽or contact the Global Education team for more details.
Ready to apply for a semester in Aix-en-Provence, France? Fill out our easy聽聽or visit us at the Global Education desk on the 2nd floor of the Commons or Decary Hall 126.
October 1, 2023
April 15, 2024
October 1, 2024